Study at the London South Bank University
Founded as the Borough Polytechnic Institute in 1892, the institution is located in the London Borough of Southwark and is among the five largest universities in the city.
The institution has had several different names, but it did not become known as the London South Bank University (LSBU) until a century after it was initially founded, when the British government enacted the Further and Higher Education Act of 1992, granting full university status to all polytechnic institutions.
In 2015 the LSBU infrastructure was refined, and today there are seven academic schools, namely the School of Applied Sciences, the School of Arts and Creative Industries, the School of The Built Environment and Architecture, the School of Business, the School of Engineering, the School of Health and Social Care, and the School of Law and Social Sciences.
- Established: 1992
- Students: 17,125 (2018/19)
- Intl. Student Ratio: 33%
- Location: London, England
- Campus: Two (Southwark, Hovering)
- TEF Ranking: Silver
- THE Ranking: 95th in the UK (1001+ in the world)
London South Bank University (LSBU) covers a broad range of subjects at foundation, Undergraduate and Postgraduate level. Find out more about what they offer and why it’s great to study at South Bank University.
- Accounting and Finance
- Accounting, Finance, and Economics
- Baking and Food Science
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Business Management
- Charity and Public Sector
- Construction, Property, and Surveying
- Drama and Arts Management
- Drama and Theatre
- English, Media, and Culture
- Forensic Science
- Games Design
- HR / Careers
- Human Geography
- Journalism and Media
- Management and HR
- Media Production
- Occupational Therapy
- Operating Department Practice
- Planning, Surveying, and Property
- Politics and International Relations
- Product Design
- Science – Biosciences and Biochem
- Science – Forensic
- Science – Sport
- Social Care
- Sociology and Social Studies
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Town Planning
University Ranking (Worldwide)
According to Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021, London South Bank University ranks at 1001+ in the world.
Around three-quarters of LSBU’s 17,000-strong student population are undergraduates, and over 70 percent of LSBU students come from the Greater London area with 25 percent from south-east London. In the 2014-15 academic year, 83 percent of the students enrolled were over 21 years-old, meaning a significant proportion of mature students.
- Southwark Campus 103 Borough Road, London SE1 0AA
- Havering Campus Goldcrest Way, Harold Wood, Romford RM3 0BE